While summer is a time for relaxing and taking a break from the typical routine of life, it is important that we do not let our children’s brains and minds become idle during this off time. Physical fitness can be enjoyable and provides numerous physical benefits, crucial for healthy growth and living. Take these helpful tips into consideration to add physical activity to your family’s summer activities:
- Plan two days a week where you and your family bike together. Cycling offers amazing health benefits and is a good habit to get your children acquainted with. During the school year, consider cycling with your children to and from school.
- Participating in a walk or run for charity is the perfect way to boost morals and encourage your children to take part in life changing activities. Your children will not only get some exercise in, but they will also feel great doing so. Consider picking a charity event that hits closer to home or pick a cause that affects one of your family members.
- Summer club leagues are a great way to get your children ahead of the game and meet new friends while exercising. Whether you choose to enroll them in a soccer, football, tennis, or swimming summer league, they will be able to learn more when many of their competitors will be relaxing all summer long.
- Plan a weekly beach day with the entire family. The beach allows for exercise and fun in all areas. Your children can enjoy swimming, surfing, running, walking, playing, and plenty more. Pack a yummy, healthy picnic so the fast food vendors aren’t too tempting.
Weeks & Associates Insurance Services is available to help you will all of your health insurance needs. Contact us today and we can help ease the insurance shopping process for you and your family.
As a pool owner, you take on more responsibilities and more risks than the typical homeowner. As so, your insurance provider will have specific requirements that your pool and its fencing must abide by in order to insure your property to avoid any pool liability. Each state varies on fencing requirements but these measurements and rules are typically the rule of thumb. Take these helpful recommendations to ensure your pool’s safety:
- The height of your pool should be at least 4 feet tall. The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission requires a fence of 4 feet or taller. If you have dogs that can jump high or mischievous children, you may want to add an extra foot or two.
- While you can choose to install removable or permanent fencing, permanent fencing will last longer and provide more benefits. Removable fencing can easily be damaged during repetitive moving.
- Every state requires that your gate opens outward away from the pool. They must also be self-closing and self-latching.
- There are a variety of materials you can choose for your fence. You may not want to install a fence because it goes against all of your exterior designing but with so many available materials you should be able to find that one that ties perfectly with the rest of your yard. Wood, vinyl, aluminum, tempered glass, wrought iron, and mesh are all materials that are less susceptible to damage and will provide security around your pool.
- You may also want to install an automatic rigid pool cover device to add an extra layer of security. This will also provide benefits during the winter, helping you keep your pool clean with little maintenance required.
Weeks & Associates Insurance Services is available to help you will all of your homeowners insurance needs. Contact us today and we can help guide you through the insurance shopping process. We are always available to answer your insurance questions.
Many individuals chose to rent out their homes for a variety of different reasons. You may be interested in renting out your second home or vacation home to a tenant or you may just want to rent out a single room in your primary home to a student. No matter what your renting interests are, it is important that you call your insurance company before finalizing any transactions. Take these helpful tips into consideration to determine your next course of action based on your particular rental situation:
Short-Term Rentals of your Primary Residence
There are two insurance scenarios for those renting out their primary residence for a short period of time. A short period of time typically consists of a week or a few weekends. The insurance coverage you need to obtain will depend on your insurance company’s preference. Some insurance companies will offer you a short-term rental policy or an endorsement. The endorsement will act as an attachment to your existing homeowners or renters insurance policy.
When renting out your primary residence to various people for a short period of time on a frequent basis, you act as a business. This type of rental requires a separate business policy. You may need a hotel or a bed and breakfast insurance policy.
Long-term Rentals of your Secondary Residence
When renting your second home for a longer period of time (Typically 6 months to a year) you will need a landlord or rental dwelling insurance policy. Your landlord policy will be more expensive than a standard homeowners insurance policy but will offer additional coverage necessary when renting out your home.
Weeks & Associates Insurance Services is available for all of your personal and commercial insurance needs! Contact us today and we can help guide you through the process of insuring your rental property. We are always available to answer your insurance questions.
Fourth of July is a time for celebrating America’s independence and enjoying the company of family and friends. While many celebrate by attending firework celebration shows, few know that this tradition was the dream of John Adams. After the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776, John Adams hoped Americans would celebrate with a display of fireworks. The Conejo Valley is home to some of the most enjoyable 4th of July events for your enjoyment:
Janss Marketplace in Thousand Oaks
This annual event brings families and friends together for a FREE firework viewing. The festivities begin at 5pm and the Beatles tribute band, Ticket To Ride, will be performing from 6pm-9pm on the parking lot rooftop. The Fountain Courtyard will have a DJ performing all night long. The winner of the Hot Dog Eating contest at Lucky’s Dog House will win $500 and a year’s supply of hot dogs!
4th Annual Miller Family YMCA 5k/10k, Classic Car Show & Parade
Bring the kids down for some family fun before all the nighttime 4th of July festivities begin! Stop by the Dos Vientos section of Newbury Park on the morning of the 4th of July and enjoy the parade, classic car show, and get some exercise in before you win the Hot Dog Eating Contest at Lucky’s Dog House later that evening!
Los Robles Free Fireworks Viewing Event
With live music, a full bar, food booths, and fireworks there is plenty of fun to be had for each member of your family. This free event begins at 5pm. All you need to bring is your lawn chairs and blankets for the fun to begin!
Weeks & Associates Insurance Services wishes you a safe and Happy 4th of July celebration! Contact us today for all of your Thousand Oaks insurance needs. We are always available to answer your insurance questions.
As a business owner you probably have heard of the term excess liability insurance and if you have not, it might be a good idea to keep reading. Every business insurance policy can be designed using different layers and levels of coverage. The amount of coverage a business needs depends greatly upon the type and size of the business. Excess liability insurance adds extra layers of protection for businesses of all sizes.
In some cases, depending upon the incident, the final judgment may exceed the liability limits of a traditional business insurance policy. When your current business owners insurance policy does not cover everything or give enough benefits for the needs of the business, an excess liability insurance policy will pick up the rest.
Excess liability insurance provides the following additional coverage:
- Protection from claims
- Personal liability coverage for incidents at your business
- Additional layer of coverage for all work vehicles
- Protection against non-business related liabilities, such as slander, libel and wrongful conviction
- Legal defense costs
Take some time to speak with an insurance agent to determine the amount of excess liability your business needs. For more information about your business insurance needs contact Weeks & Associates Insurance Services. We have offices in California and Idaho.
Small business owners may not have as many employees or clients as large corporations, but that does not mean they live a worry free life. When it comes to owning a small business, there are many factors to consider on a day-to-day basis. Making sure you are covered with the proper business insurance can help ease your mind of any problems your business might face.
There are over 28 million small businesses in America. All of these small businesses employ one-third of the population. Almost 50% of small business owners think that they will expand their businesses in 2014.
There are many issues with the business of doing business that business owners have to deal with every day. These can range from internal issues such as talent management, or recruiting and retaining staff or functionality and reliability of technology. There are also many outside factors to deal with, some which are much larger than the company itself. There can be issues with government regulations, taxes, and healthcare reform. There can also be concerns with financing and the decreasing ability to acquire funds. Most small business owners find customer acquisition and retention to be the biggest concerns.
When it comes to business insurance claims, there are three major claims that small businesses file. Accounting for 25% of claims is loss of company data, usually through an issue reported with a computer. The other two major claims are loss of income when a small business closes, and damage to the building or the contents from disasters such as fires or earthquakes.
Small business insurance can help provide security for small business owners as well as the business itself. When it comes to finding the best business insurance at highly competitive prices, contact Weeks and Associates Insurance Services. They can make sure you get the best insurance to best fit your company’s needs.
Going on vacation, whether it is in the United States or to an outside country, it is important to make sure you have the proper insurance to cover anything that happens to a rented vehicle, including the right auto insurance. Making sure you have the right insurance for your rental vehicle before starting your vacation can save you hundreds or thousands of dollars in possible damage.
If you are travelling within the United States or Canada, most insurance companies provide the same insurance coverage for your rental car as you have for your personal car. Some credit card companies also provide insurance when renting a car for vacation, but vary from company to company, so make sure to check with them before heading out. Be sure to check with your insurance agent before renting a car to make sure you will be covered while on vacation.
If you are travelling to any other country, do not hesitate to contact your insurance agent in advance. Other countries have different insurance requirements that may cause travelling Americans to pay almost double for rental insurance. Even if your credit card company or travel agent assures you that you are covered to rent a car in a different country, you may be shocked when it comes time to pay the bill. The best thing to do is get extra coverage before leaving for another country.
If you are renting a vehicle that you do not own at home, such as a motorcycle or scooter, you will most likely need to purchase additional insurance.
Checking with your insurance company is your safest bet when renting a car on vacation to make sure that you are covered in the unfortunate event of an accident.
When it comes to finding the best auto insurance to fit your needs, contact Week and Associates Insurance Services.
Graduating high school is a very exciting time for both parents and children. With all the celebrations going on, it can be easy to overlook possible safety issues during this time. Following these graduation safety tips can ensure that everyone stays safe during this exciting time.
- Know who is driving. Know who will be responsible for getting everyone from place to place. Always make sure your teen has enough money to cover a different means of transportation, such as a taxi, if necessary.
- Limit passengers. The more people in a car, the more distractions there are. Make sure the driver stays safe by limiting the number of people in the vehicle. There should never be more people in a car than there are seatbelts.
- Make a schedule. Know where your teen will be at all times and with whom. Make sure to set a curfew for your teen to make sure they make it back safely.
- Get contact information. Know whom you teen is going to be with and get contact information from them. Also know the addresses of where your teen will be and the contact information of the supervising adult.
- Make sure there is supervision. Do not let your teen go to any party that will not have adult supervision.
- No drinking or drugs. Make sure you set strict consequences for your teen if they are caught under the influence and make sure they are aware of them.
Make sure the driver of the night has the proper auto insurance and is allowed to driver with passengers. If your teen is driving, check your own policy. If any updating or changes need to be made, be sure to contact Weeks & Associates Insurance Services. They can find you the best auto insurance to make sure you are covered in any situation.
If you are looking for something to do this Memorial Day weekend in the Simi Valley area, make sure to check out the Simi Valley Cajun and Blues Music Festival. This is the festivals 25th anniversary, and showcases the Southern Cajun tradition with Creole, blues, music, and food.
The festival includes a kids area that includes rock walls, bounce houses, slides, and gyroscopes for children to enjoy. There is also a craft area, where children can create their own crafts.
There are plenty of food vendors onsite so everybody can be satisfied. There is traditional Cajun-Creole food, such as jambalaya and crawfish, as well as traditional favorites like BBQ sandwiches and hot dogs. There are also fruit smoothies, funnel cakes, and kettle corn for those who are looking for something a little bit sweeter. There are many craft vendors with items such as clothing, jewelry, pottery, toys, and hats. There are also homemade salsas, saltwater taffy, and unique crafts.
The festival started in 1988 as a New England Clambake to help support the Rotary Club of Simi Sunrise, and was changed to the Cajun Creole theme two years later. It has since grown in popularity and has become one of the largest Cajun festivals west of the Mississippi River. There are multiple stages that will feature live Cajun, Creole, Blues, and Zydeco music for everyone’s entertainment. There are over 150 food, drink, craft, and sponsor booths that will be open to all attendees. This year’s festival is anticipated to bring in over 20,000 attendees. All of the proceeds from the event are donated to local charitable, educational, and humanitarian causes. The Simi Valley Cajun and Blues Music Festival have donated more than $1,600,000 to charities.
Week & Associates Insurance Services, located in Thousand Oaks, invites you to check out all the Cajun and Blues Music Festival. Contact them with all of your insurance questions and concerns.
Although most home insurance policies cover the cost of replacing items stolen during a burglary, it’s better to prevent it from happening to begin with. Implementing some simple safety measures around the home will stop thieves in their tracks.
Secure the Front Door
Preventing burglary starts with ensuring you have the proper lock on the front door. Installing a deadbolt is a must, as other locks can be picked by professional thieves. In addition, make sure that the porch area surround the door is well lit at night. Install a timer on the light before leaving for vacation so that it appears as though someone is home.
First Floor Windows
Windows located at the ground level are a primary entry method for burglars. Secure these windows with extra locks. Then, install an alarm on each one that emits a loud squeal if the window is opened. For added protection, plant bushes or shrubs containing thorns below the windows.
Sliding Glass Doors
Those with sliding glass doors should install an additional barrier mechanism to prevent entry. Metal jammer rods are easily installed to prevent the door from opening even if the lock is picked. Frugal homeowners can accomplish the same task by inserting a short piece of wood into the door jamb.
For more information about homeowners insurance in California please contact Weeks & Associates Insurance Services, located in Thousand Oaks.