Whether you are looking to purchase a pre-owned vehicle for your new teen driver or looking for an older secondary vehicle, it is important that you obtain the necessary auto insurance coverage. Used cars are insured differently than new cars. Gathered are some helpful tips to guide you through the process of insuring your new, used vehicle:
- Since you will not need as much collision and comprehensive coverage for your older vehicle, you will save a little on auto insurance in this category. However, your liability limits will likely remain stagnant whether you choose to go for a used car or a new car because you are still a liability risk. Old and new cars cause the same damage when they are involved in an accident.
- Before you finalize any transactions, be sure to check the vehicle make and model’s history. Are they involved in a lot of car accidents? Are they extremely safe? The vehicle’s history will make an impact on how much you pay to insure your used car.
- Next, it is time to evaluate the driving history of the particular car you are looking to insure. Check how many accidents it has been involved in and whether or not it has undergone extreme repairs. You will also want to find out why the vehicle is up for sale in the first place. Did the last owner simply want a new car, or were they having reoccurring issues with the vehicle? This will determine how your insurance company calculates a premium.
- Most importantly, be sure to maintain a clean driving record. Each accident you are involved in and each traffic ticket you receive will highly affect your auto insurance premium.
Contact Weeks & Associates Insurance for all of your auto insurance needs. Located in Thousand Oaks, California, we can help provide your used car with sufficient coverage.
As a homeowner, it is imperative that you know exactly what is, and what is not covered under the standard homeowners’ insurance policy. Many homeowners wrongly assume that all of their possessions are covered under their policy, however, chances are your most valuable items are not. Insuring your jewelry is not as easy as renewing your homeowners’ insurance policy. Your most valuable items may benefit from being scheduled.
Scheduled items receive additional protection, and provide a homeowner with a variety of benefits. Scheduled personal property coverage acts as an endorsement to your standard homeowners’ insurance policy. Any of your lost, stolen, or damaged scheduled items will receive coverage. One of the most exciting perks of having your valuables scheduled is that you will receive coverage even if you accidently misplace a scheduled item. No matter what the cause of the damage or loss, your insurance company allows you to file a claim. You may want to consider having your fine art, furs, fire arms, expensive jewelry, collectibles, and antiques scheduled under an endorsement.
Scheduled items are replaced at replacement cost. Typically, the standard homeowners’ insurance policy replaces damaged items at actual cash value, accounting for depreciation. With replacement cost, your scheduled items will be replaced at the value they were appraised at. That is why your insurance company will require you to seek a professional appraisal for each scheduled item. Once you obtain an appraisal, you will need to have it approved by your insurance company. Also important to note, scheduled items do not involve a deductible. Your elevated premium will compensate for the lack of a deductible.
Contact Weeks & Associates Insurance for all of your homeowners’ insurance needs. Located in Thousand Oaks, California, we can help protect your most valuable items with scheduled personal property coverage.
As we say farewell to summer, it is important that we reintroduce healthy lifestyle habits back into our lives. As you have likely enjoyed summer and the lack of routine, you may be feeling the need to start improving and maintaining your quality of life. Gathered are some helpful tips to promote a healthier, and happier lifestyle:
- Water – Do you drink enough water each day? The majority of individuals fail to drink the recommended amount of water each day. Start each day with a tall glass of water and you will significantly improve your quality of life. You may want to consider carrying a reusable water bottle with you at all times so that you will be reminded to drink more water.
- Sleep – Getting enough hours of sleep each night is crucial for being happy and healthy. Insufficient sleep typically leads to excessive caffeine consumption and can even cause premature aging.
- Exercise – Improving your quality of life is impossible without a little exercise. You need to get out and move a little each day! You do not have to run on the treadmill each day to say that you exercised. Try different forms of exercise and find one that you enjoy. Whether you choose to do yoga, Pilates, kickboxing, or swim a few laps, it is important that you move on a daily basis.
- Fruits – The amount of health benefits that can be found through fruit consumption is amazing! Add melons, berries, and avocados to your daily diet and you will feel like a transformed person!
- Vegetables – Do you follow the recommended vegetable intake and consume 5-9 servings of vegetables daily? The majority of individuals do not. Try adding vegetables to each meal.
- Most importantly, love yourself – Do not think of these things as annoying tasks, rather, think of them as lifestyle habits that are necessary for a happy and healthy life.
Contact Weeks & Associates Insurance for all of your health insurance needs. Located in the heart of Thousand Oaks, California, we can help protect your most valuable asset – yourself.
As you have poured your heart and soul into your new business, it only makes sense that you would protect your investment with a comprehensive business insurance policy. Since each business’ insurance needs are different, you will need to evaluate your business operations and determine the best combination of coverage options. Allow the experienced professionals at Weeks & Associates Insurance to help personalize a unique business insurance policy for you. Your coverage options include but are not limited to:
- Property Insurance: This insurance policy will cover your building, your equipment, your inventory, and any other contents. Without this insurance policy, you would be required to replace all lost or damaged items out of pocket.
- Liability Insurance: This insurance policy will cover the medical expenses of injured customers and will provide you with legal defense if your organization is sued. This is one of the most important insurance policies to have, as it protects you from enduring financial loss. The prevalence of lawsuits in today’s business world makes this a no-brainer purchase.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: This insurance policy will provide your commercial vehicles with coverage. If your employees drive their own vehicles to conduct business, the coverage will extend to those vehicles as well.
- Business Interruption: This insurance policy will cover lost income if you are forced to close for a temporary period of time after a covered peril, such as a fire.
- Worker’s Compensation: This insurance policy will provide both you and your employees with protection. Injuries and illnesses related to business operations will be covered under this insurance policy. If you have more than 1 employee, you are required by law to obtain worker’s compensation coverage.
Contact Weeks & Associates Insurance for all of your business insurance needs. Located in the heart of Thousand Oaks, California, we can help provide small business owners with guaranteed security of their biggest investment.
Are you tired of being surprised at the total each week at the grocery store checkout counter? Grocery shopping does not have to empty your pockets in order to satisfy your family. Keep these 6 helpful tips in mind to save big and start shopping smart at the grocery store:
- “Loss Leaders” are the grocery stores way of getting shoppers into the store. Typically, they choose meat products as loss leaders because they located in a place that encourages shopping of other products. Take advantage of this opportunity and purchase meat products at 50-75% off! Freeze the meat so that you always have diverse, cost-effective meat products for your family dinners.
- Take advantage of the bulk aisle and salad bars for smaller items that are typically more expensive such as nuts and olives.
- Pay attention to prices when picking out your produce. If the produce is priced by unit, go for the heavier items. If the items are priced by weight, grab the smaller product.
- Try to be flexible when it comes to the brands you use. There are a variety of products that go on sale, you just have to be accepting of the brand.
- Take advantage of the manager’s specials, but be careful. Avoid purchasing meat that might be spoiled in a day or so. Rather, stick to bread products. You can pick up a few loafs of bread and freeze them.
- Consider taking advantage of couponing! Everyone’s doing it! There are a variety of phone applications that will make couponing easier, organizing everything for you.
Weeks & Associates Insurance encourages you to take advantage of all that our beautiful community has to offer. We are committed to maintaining the highest standard of integrity and professionalism when it comes to our relationship with you. Contact us today and allow us to formulate a unique homeowners’ insurance package based on your family’s distinct needs.
Looking to rent an apartment for the first time? This is a big step that requires careful planning and consideration. Keep these 8 helpful tips in mind to make for a successful first renting experience:
- Apartment hunting has never been easier. Utilize the various online sources for apartment hunting and be sure to look at customer reviews as well.
- Before you start hunting, be sure to check your credit score. If there are any errors, be sure to fix them immediately. If necessary, take this time to start building your credit score.
- You must sit down and budget exactly how much you can spend on rent each month. Make sure to take into account food, utility, bills, insurance, etc.
- When apartment hunting, be sure to filter out your options based on your unique needs.
- You may want to talk to your potential neighbors about how they like living in the area. Neighbors are likely to tell you any deal breakers right from the start because they do not have an invested interest.
- Hire a moving company the second you sign the contract, especially if you will be moving during the summer months.
- Don’t leave your personal belongings vulnerable to loss, and purchase a renters’ insurance policy. Renters’ insurance is one of the least expensive forms of insurance and will provide you with a bountiful of coverage.
- Most importantly, enjoy this new chapter of your life and make the most of it! It’s time to relax and enjoy your new place.
Here at Weeks & Associates Insurance we are committed to maintaining the highest standard of integrity and professionalism when it comes to our relationship with you. Contact us today and purchase your first renters’ insurance policy!
One of the most terrifying experiences as a driver is having your brakes fail while on the road. While panicking may be your first instinct, it is important that you remain calm and follow these safety steps to control the situation:
- Most importantly, don’t panic. You must remain calm so that you can safely get off of the road.
- Most cars have a dual braking system. Therefore, you may be able to gain a little bit of control back, unless both halves of the system have failed. Try to apply strong and consistent pressure to the brakes to see if you can at least slow the car down.
- Start reducing your speed. If you have an automatic car, you can slow down by keeping your foot away from the accelerator. If you are driving a manual car, you can shift down the gears to slow the vehicle down. If neither of these options work, you can use the emergency brake with caution.
- Next, safely start maneuvering to the slow, or right lane. Turn your hazard lights on and slowly move over.
- Once you have reached a slow speed and are in a safe location away from oncoming traffic, start using your emergency brake to stop completely. Be careful in doing so, and release pressure if you begin to swerve at all.
- Do not turn your car off until you have stopped to prevent limited power steering.
- Once you have safely pulled over, stay safe and remain out of the way of oncoming traffic. Seek professional assistance.
Weeks & Associates Insurance encourages you to take advantage of all that our beautiful community has to offer. We are committed to maintaining the highest standard of integrity and professionalism when it comes to our relationship with you. Contact us today and allow us to formulate a unique auto insurance policy based on your needs.
The long anticipated Ventura County Fair is returning! The 139th Annual Ventura County Fair will be available for all to enjoy Starting on July 30th until the 10th of August. This year’s theme is “A Country Fair with Ocean Air” and will of course, take place at the Ventura County Fairgrounds. Mark your calendar and make it out to at least one of these amazing days at the fair!
Adults (13 – 64) $12
Children (6-12) $9
Seniors (65 and older) $9
Children (5 and younger) FREE (must be accompanied by an adult)
Opening Day, Wednesday, July 30th - $1 Admission until 3:00pm
Thursday, July 31st Feed the Need “Fair Cares” Food Drive – Receive a free return admission ticket when you donate 5 cans of food for the food drive with your adult ticket
Friday, August 1st Youth Day – Children 12 and under will be able to enjoy the fair for free for Youth Day!
Tuesday, August 5th Seniors/Persons with Disabilities Day – Free admission for seniors and individuals with disabilities all day long.
Wednesday, August 6th $3 Before 3 Day
Thursday, August 7th Military Appreciation Day – All military personnel holding a valid military ID will be admitted free of charge.
2014 Ventura County Fair Entertainment Lineup:
Thursday, July 21st The Beach Boys at 7:30pm
Friday, August 1st Little Big Town at 7:30pm
Saturday, August 2nd The Spinners at 7:30pm
Monday, August 4th Barenaked Ladies at 7:30pm
Tuesday, August 5th Tony Orlando at 1:00pm
Tuesday, August 5th Deep Purple at 7:30pm
Wednesday, August 6th Seether at 7:30pm
Thursday, August 7th Jake Owen at 7:30pm
Saturday, August 9th PRCA Rodeo at 2:00pm & 7:00pm
Sunday, August 10th PRCA Rodeo at 2:00pm & 7:00pm
Weeks & Associates Insurance encourages you to take advantage of all that our beautiful community has to offer. We are committed to maintaining the highest standard of integrity and professionalism when it comes to our relationship with you. Contact us today and allow us to help you in all of your insurance endeavors.
While summer is a time for relaxing and taking a break from the typical routine of life, it is important that we do not let our children’s brains and minds become idle during this off time. Physical fitness can be enjoyable and provides numerous physical benefits, crucial for healthy growth and living. Take these helpful tips into consideration to add physical activity to your family’s summer activities:
- Plan two days a week where you and your family bike together. Cycling offers amazing health benefits and is a good habit to get your children acquainted with. During the school year, consider cycling with your children to and from school.
- Participating in a walk or run for charity is the perfect way to boost morals and encourage your children to take part in life changing activities. Your children will not only get some exercise in, but they will also feel great doing so. Consider picking a charity event that hits closer to home or pick a cause that affects one of your family members.
- Summer club leagues are a great way to get your children ahead of the game and meet new friends while exercising. Whether you choose to enroll them in a soccer, football, tennis, or swimming summer league, they will be able to learn more when many of their competitors will be relaxing all summer long.
- Plan a weekly beach day with the entire family. The beach allows for exercise and fun in all areas. Your children can enjoy swimming, surfing, running, walking, playing, and plenty more. Pack a yummy, healthy picnic so the fast food vendors aren’t too tempting.
Weeks & Associates Insurance Services is available to help you will all of your health insurance needs. Contact us today and we can help ease the insurance shopping process for you and your family.
As a pool owner, you take on more responsibilities and more risks than the typical homeowner. As so, your insurance provider will have specific requirements that your pool and its fencing must abide by in order to insure your property to avoid any pool liability. Each state varies on fencing requirements but these measurements and rules are typically the rule of thumb. Take these helpful recommendations to ensure your pool’s safety:
- The height of your pool should be at least 4 feet tall. The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission requires a fence of 4 feet or taller. If you have dogs that can jump high or mischievous children, you may want to add an extra foot or two.
- While you can choose to install removable or permanent fencing, permanent fencing will last longer and provide more benefits. Removable fencing can easily be damaged during repetitive moving.
- Every state requires that your gate opens outward away from the pool. They must also be self-closing and self-latching.
- There are a variety of materials you can choose for your fence. You may not want to install a fence because it goes against all of your exterior designing but with so many available materials you should be able to find that one that ties perfectly with the rest of your yard. Wood, vinyl, aluminum, tempered glass, wrought iron, and mesh are all materials that are less susceptible to damage and will provide security around your pool.
- You may also want to install an automatic rigid pool cover device to add an extra layer of security. This will also provide benefits during the winter, helping you keep your pool clean with little maintenance required.
Weeks & Associates Insurance Services is available to help you will all of your homeowners insurance needs. Contact us today and we can help guide you through the insurance shopping process. We are always available to answer your insurance questions.