Safe Driving Tips For Avoiding Distracted Driving
While April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month, it is important that we recognize the values taught and the lessons learned all year long. Distracted driving is unfortunately gathering momentum as our technological dependence continues to be strengthened. There is no reason why we need our phones in hand at all times, which is why it is time to eradicate this growing concern before it is too late. Gathered are some important safe driving tips for avoiding distracted driving:
- Just turn it off! If you simply cannot avoid looking at your phone, turn it off or put it in the backseat where it is out of reach. Your phone should be out of sight and out of mind whenever you are behind the wheel.
- By organizing yourself you can avoid multitasking on the road. The more organized you are the less you will have to sidetrack while driving. For example, if you must drive through a toll, have your money out in advance so you do not have to go searching at the last minute.
- If you are going to an unfamiliar destination, it is important that you enter your destination’s address into your GPS beforehand. There is no reason why you should wait until the last minute, risking an accident.
- Even if you are on a Bluetooth device, hands free does not necessarily equal risk free. This means that you should save serious discussions for later and keep your Bluetooth discussions confined to emergencies.
- You use your smartphone for nearly everything, but do you use it to help you avoid distracted driving? There are many apps out there that you can utilize that will actually control this dangerous habit for you.
- Most importantly, you must realize that no call or text is EVER worth it.
Join us in taking the pledge to refrain from distracted driving in support of Distracted Driving Awareness Month all April long! Contact Weeks & Associates Insurance Services in Thousand Oaks for all of your California auto insurance needs.