Make healthy eating a priority this March.
March is National Nutrition Month, a month that promotes healthy eating and maintaining a balanced diet. Want a perfect way to celebrate this month? Then serve up this healthy and delicious meal that the whole family will love.
Steak Fajitas Power Bowls
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- ½ yellow onion, sliced into half-moons
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. skirt steak, cut into ½-inch slices
- juice of ½ lime
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, warmed
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro, for garnish
- sour cream, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Add the onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until onions are translucent and peppers are tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from skillet and reserve.
- Add remaining vegetable oil and let heat for about 30 seconds, then add skirt steak to pan. Squeeze lime over steak and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Let steak sit for a minute or so to get a nice sear, then cook to your preference, about another 5 minutes for a medium well-done steak. Remove from skillet.
- Build bowls: start with about 1 cup rice per bowl. Top with steak, onions and peppers, avocado, black beans, and corn.
- Garnish with cilantro and drizzle with sour cream.
This easy, delicious, and healthy dinner recipe is sure to impress this National Nutrition Month. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this March? If so, then contact the experts at Weeks & Associates Insurance Services in Thousand Oaks, California. Our dedicated team is eager to assist you with all your coverage needs today.