Get involved in water conservation efforts this World Water Day!
March 22 is World Water Day! The importance of water usage is a worldwide issue. Celebrate world water day and be sure to check out these easy ways to be more water wise in your home.
In the kitchen:
- Soak your pots and pans. While it may take a little longer than traditional scrubbing, it uses much less water. When you scrub your pans in the sink, you tend to let the water run which uses lots more water.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables in a bowl. When you let the water run, you waste lots of water. Be sure to use a bowl or even a pan to get your produce clean. Once you’re done washing, take the water and use it to water your house plants.
- Run the dishwasher with a full load that way you can maximize your water and energy use. Additionally, you can invest in an energy efficient washer to help you to save money on your water and electricity bills.
In the bathroom:
- Limit your shower time. When you take a shower, you use lots of water. Reduce the time you spend in the shower, or even turn off the water while you lather.
- Install a low-flow shower head. It will still give you the water you need, but it will use less water.
- Turn the sink off when you wash your hands and brush your teeth. If you don’t have to leave the water running, do your best to turn off the faucet.
In the garden:
- Water your yard less often. Your lawn might not need as much water as you think. Reduce your watering to once or twice per week.
- Water at night. When you water during the day, evaporation tends to reduce the amount of water your plants get. Watering at night will maximize your water usage.
Protect the earth with water conservation, protect yourself with the right insurance policies. The professionals at Weeks & Associates Insurance Services in Thousand Oaks, California can help you find the best personal and commercial insurance for your needs. Contact us for more information.