Jan 11 Insurance for Your Holiday Presents

Insurance for Your Holiday Presents

Should you get your holiday gifts insured?

Did you get expensive or very meaningful gifts over the holidays?  If so, you might want to consider getting them insured.  Unsure if you should invest in this additional coverage?  Consider this information to help you make your decision.

Do I really need insurance?

As a general rule, you should get insurance for any item that you might have trouble replacing.  This means that very expensive items or items with high sentimental value should have coverage.

Am I already covered?

In some cases, your gifts my already be covered under an existing insurance policy.  For instance, if you got a brand-new TV, then it might be covered under your homeowners insurance policy.  However, be aware that most standard policies have coverage limits.  If the dollar value of your gifts exceeds these limits, then you will need to purchase additional coverage.

How can I get insurance?

There are many ways that you can get the additional coverage you need.  For instance, you can purchase a policy rider that will extend the coverage of an existing policy.  Additionally, you could take out a brand-new policy to specifically cover the item you want to insure.  Just be aware that additional coverage will increase your premiums accordingly.

Use this information to get your holiday gifts the insurance coverage they need.  If you have any questions regarding your coverage, don’t hesitate to contact us at Weeks & Associates Insurance Services in Thousand Oaks, California.  Our dedicated professionals are ready to assist you with all your insurance needs.

Don't be shy. Give us your questions, feedback and opinions on this topic.

Let Us Know How We're DoingWrite A Review