As weather conditions change, it’s important to take proper precautions when driving in the rain. Knowing how to navigate in inclement weather will prevent accidents and hikes to your auto insurance policy. Here are a few driving tips to help:
- Nice and slow – don’t drive fast in the rain. Wet roads make it harder to stop.
- Make sure your wipers are in good working condition.
- Drive with your headlights in rain so that other motorists can see you better.
- Do not drive through moving water if you can’t see the ground.
- Drive slowly when going through puddles. If it’s too deep, turn around.
- Do not follow large vehicles too closely.
- Monitor the car in front of you carefully and look for their brake lights.
- Drive in the tracks of the car in front of you. This helps your tires grip the road better.
- Avoid driving in heavy thunderstorms.
Following these tips can help you avoid accidents. Make sure you drive for your safety and the safety of others. For more information on rainy weather driving tips, contact Weeks & Associates Insurance.