Spring is here which means it is time to do some spring cleaning. Many people focus mainly on the home but it is important to spring clean your vehicle as well. Follow these helpful tips each spring to keep your car in tip top shape for the new season:
- Check your engine air filters and cabin air filters. Air filters can become clogged with pollen, so it is important to replace when necessary to ensure your vehicle is performing at its best.
- Remove leaves and debris from the cowl screen and crevices. The place where the hood and windshield meet is called the cowl screen. Leaves left here can break down and clog the evaporator drain so it is important to clean this out. It is important to do this regularly as to avoid rusting which calls for much more costly repairs.
- Wash your car regularly. The acidity in tree sap and bird droppings as well as insect splater can cause damage to the paint of your vehicle. Washing your car regularly and using a protective wax coat a couple times a year can protect your car.
- Dry your car with a soft, clean shammy. Dry wiping with a paper towel or any other paper product may scratch the paint of your car. Use the appropriate, mild soap to wash your car and be sure to use a soft, clean shammy to wipe it dry.
- Check the tire pressure. Changes in the weather may cause the air in your tires to expand, meaning you may need to let some air out to meet the proper pressure levels.
Contact Weeks & Associates Insurance Services, for all of your auto insurance needs in the Thousand Oaks and Southern California areas.