Spring Gardening Tips
If you are one of the many homeowners who loves impressing their guests, family, and friends with their luscious garden each year, it is time to start preparing! We have gathered a list of spring gardening tips so that you can accomplish this task with ease:
- Now is the perfect time to start ordering your summer-flowering bulbs or pick them up from your local nursery. Lilies, Ranunculus, and Gladiolus should be planted in the next couple weeks for a beautiful summer arrangement.
- It is also the perfect time to tidy up all flower beds and borders. This will provide you with the clear palette for spring gardening and planting.
- Make sure to hunt garden pests now before they invade! You should get rid of snails, slugs, aphid colonies, and white vine weevil larvae before they become a full blown problem.
- April showers bring May flowers, so install water butts now so that any seasonal rainfall can be collected. This is also a great way to water your plants with fresh water, as opposed to tap water which can be slightly alkaline.
- Your beautiful garden cannot flourish if it is surrounded by broken fences and gates. Fix them now so that your blooming flowers can be seen in the most beautiful light and not overlooked due to the stale appearance of your broken fixtures.
- Chances are you have neglected your gardening tools all winter long, so be sure to give them a good cleaning and sharpen any tools as you see fit.
- Today’s day and age is all about going green, so set up a compost area in your garden if you have not already done so.
We hope these helpful gardening tips make for a beautiful yard all year long! Contact Weeks & Associates Insurance Services in Thousand Oaks for all of your Southern California homeowners insurance needs.