Taking these precautions will ensure that this Halloween is a happy one.
With Halloween less than a week away, it’s time to start prepping your home for visitors. Whether you are preparing for trick-or-treaters, party guests, or even vandals, here are some of the steps you should take around your home to get ready for a safe Halloween.
Front Yard Safety
- Remove tripping hazards from your front yard and walkways. For instance, fill up any holes in your lawn, rake up leaves, and avoid leaving decorations of the ground where people might miss them.
- You should illuminate the path leading up to your front door to reduce the chances of your guests tripping or bumping into an unseen obstacle.
- Do not hang heavy decorations overhead; they could cause property damage or injuries if they fall.
- Do not use real candles to light up jack-o-lanterns or decorate your home. Using real candles will increase your home’s chances of catching fire and increase the risk of Halloween guests getting burned.
- Avoid using pop-up decorations or decorations that are too scary. These could cause startle visitors to the point that they actually injure themselves.
- Keep your car and other pieces of outdoor furniture parked inside your garage on Halloween night. This will prevent them from being stolen or damaged by vandals.
- Keep your home’s external lights switched on all night. This will keep vandals away for fear of being seen and caught.
These are some of the tips that you should take to have a safe and happy Halloween. Want another way to protect your home this October? Make sure you have the right homeowners insurance coverages in place. For assistance with your home’s coverage needs, contact the team at Weeks & Associates Insurance Services in Thousand Oaks, California to get started today.