If you are one of the many homeowners who has not completed their fall home maintenance tasks yet, there is no better time than now to get started! Temperatures have finally begun to dwindle down, making these tasks less of a hassle. Gathered are 5 home fall maintenance tips so that you can prepare your home before the rain, hopefully, arrives:
- If you do not want your home to flood once the rain arrives, it is important that you clean your gutters and downspouts. These areas fill with leaves and debris, making it impossible for water to pass through efficiently. If you want to avoid a flood, be sure to clean these areas.
- If you will be using your heating system or fireplace to keep you warm as the temperatures continue to drop, it is important that you have your fireplace cleaned and have maintenance conducted on your heating system. The only way these systems can keep you warm and safe is if they are properly maintained.
- Speaking of staying warm, if you plan on using your heating system during the winter, you must go around your home and fix any holes, gaps, or cracks in the weather stripping and caulking of your windows and doors. This will ensure that hot air is efficiently being circulated inside your home, rather than outside.
- If you have some cracks or chips in the exterior paint of your home, now is the perfect time to go around and touch up with paint! The weather will allow the paint to settle smoothly.
- A fun task to add to your fall home maintenance checklist is to put away the summer toys and bring out the fall decorations. Bring out the cozy blankets for your couch so that you can cuddle up after a long day of work and spell your pumpkin scented candle burning throughout the home.
Contact Weeks & Associates Insurance Services in Thousand Oaks for all of your California homeowners’ insurance needs. We will go above and beyond to ensure your home’s security.