While you may think that safety will not be a problem while trick or treating in Thousand Oaks, there is an overwhelming number of people who partake in dangerous activities on the roads during Halloween weekend. Following the basic safety precautions is the only way to ensure safety during this hectic time where partygoers may choose to drive intoxicated. Gathered are some important Halloween safety tips so that you and your family can trick or treat safely:
- Even if it will ruin the scariness of their black monster costume, it is important that each child is wearing something bright so that they can be seen in the dark. We recommend placing reflective tape on the backs of costumes so that they can still be spooky from the front!
- Each child trick or treating should have a flashlight on them and extra batteries in case of an emergency. If you can, try to invest in head beam light so that they will not be tempted to put the light down.
- Plan your trick or treating route in advance. Tired children are not very enjoyable to deal with. Avoid unnecessary paths and obstacles by planning your route in advance.
- Even if your child begs to wear heels to perfect their princess costume, make sure that they either wear comfortable shoes or pack an extra pair. Failing to do this will result in a long piggy back ride.
- Most importantly, always look both ways before crossing the street and be extra aware of your surroundings.
Happy Halloween! We encourage you to celebrate safely and responsibly so that this holiday can remain memorable for the right reasons! Contact Weeks & Associates Insurance Services in Thousand Oaks for all of your California insurance needs. We understand the importance of receiving peace of mind knowing every member of your family is adequately protected, and will go above and beyond to ensure that protection.