Store Your Leftover Thanksgiving Meal Properly
Thanksgiving will be here before we know it! Have you finalized your Thanksgiving menu yet? So many hours of prepping and cooking go into the food created at your holiday meal. Depending on the number of your guests, and the size of your dishes, you may find yourself with a great deal of leftover food. Do not let the leftovers go to waste! Store them correctly, and they could continue to feed you and your family for weeks. Here are a few easy recommendations for storing your Thanksgiving leftovers properly:
- First off, clear some room in your refrigerator and freezer to make room for all of your leftovers. You should attempt to do this before Thanksgiving Day.
- Make sure all of the Tupperware you are using are both airtight, and microwave-safe.
- Write the name of the food, and the date of when you first put them in the fridge on every container that you plan to store.
- Your refrigerator temperature should remain at 35 degrees at the warmest.
- If you do not believe you will eat all of your leftovers in 4 days, store the rest in your freezer. They will last much longer this way.
- Your turkey, pie, and stuffing should remain good in your refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- If you have gravy leftovers, eat it within 2 days after your Thanksgiving meal.
- Your cranberry sauce should be okay to eat as long as it is not older than 7 days.
- Try to eat your veggies within 3 to 5 days.
The Weeks & Associates Insurance Services team would like to wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving holiday! Please contact us with any insurance inquires you may have! We proudly fulfill the insurance needs of Thousand Oaks residents, and cannot wait to assist you.