Save time this back-to-school season with these school lunch ideas.
Now that the new school year is nearly here, you probably have a ton on your plate. The last thing that you want to waste time on is preparing your kids’ school lunches. Fortunately, these quick and easy lunch ideas make feeding your kids a breeze.
Peanut Butter and Jelly “Sushi”
- 4 slices white bread
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup grape jelly
- Remove crusts from bread.
- Using a rolling pin, roll bread until very flat.
- Spread with peanut butter and jelly and roll tightly.
- Cut into 2-inch pieces and serve.
Healthy Zucchini Roll-Ups
- 2 medium zucchini
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 cup lump crab meat
- 1/2 carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice each zucchini into thin flat strips. Place zucchini on a paper towel-lined plate to sit while you prep the rest of your ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Sriracha, and lime juice.
- On a cutting board, lay 2 zucchini slices down horizontally (so that the long side is facing you). Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on top, then top the left side with a pinch each of crab, carrot, avocado, and cucumber.
- Starting from the left side, tightly roll up zucchini. Repeat with the remaining zucchini slices and fillings. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
- 1/4 cup marinara
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- all-purpose flour, for rolling
- 1 large ball pizza dough
- 8 oz. low-moisture mozzarella, sliced
- 8 oz. thinly sliced pepperoni
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place in oven. Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine marinara and oregano. Set aside.
- Lightly flour work surface. Stretch and roll pizza dough into a rectangle, dusting the dough with flour if needed.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce over dough, leaving a 1-inch border along one long side. Repeat with a layer of mozzarella and then pepperoni.
- Tightly roll along the long edge into a jelly roll shape, then remove excess flour. Transfer to sheet pan seam-side down.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into 1/2-inch slices.
These are some of the fun and easy school lunch ideas that your kids will love. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this school year? If so, then contact the experts at Weeks & Associates Insurance Services in Thousand Oaks, California. Our dedicated team is eager to assist you with all your coverage needs today.